Valentine’s Day Partner Workout!
Here’s a fun Valentine’s Day partner workout you can do courtesy of Lindsey and Amber, the creators of Brave Body Project,
1. Wheel Barrel Deadlift to Pushup: Start holding your partners ankles. Let her perform 2 pushups. With a slight bend in your knees and a flat back, hinge forward at the waist and roll their feet down towards your shins. Stand up and squeeze your glutes. Repeat the entire sequence 10 times and switch.
2. Medicine Ball Hand Off: Sit back to back with your partner. Keeping your abdominals tight, lean back into a V-sit position and lift your knees to chest level. Turn and pass the medicine ball to your friend, then twist to the opposite side to catch the ball. Repeat 3 sets of 10 on each side.
3. Side Plank Circle Pass: Start back to back with your partner on your elbow in a side plank. Starting with the weight directly above your shoulder, bring it down across your chest and circle it through to your friends hand. Reach back up to the ceiling and repeat. Do 4 sets of 10 reps on each side.
4. Single Leg Down Dog to High Five: Starting in a downward facing dog position, lift one leg up high in the air. Skim the leg close to the ground and hit opposite knee to elbow Return to plank, high five opposite hands with your partner and repeat. Do 3 sets of 10 on each leg and then switch.
5. Buddy Squats: Start back to back and hold hands with your friend. Inch your feet away from each other. Pressing your back against your friend lower into a squat, ensuring your knees don’t go over your toes. Press your backs against each other until you reach a standing position. Repeat 3 sets of 10.
Kristin McGee is a celebrity yoga and Pilates instructor in New York City. She is currently teaching yoga with Peloton. She is the star of over 100 videos, seen in several magazines and tv shows and is a spokeswoman for many brands and causes she believes in. A proud mom to three, she sure keeps herself busy!