The Benefits of Having a Trampoline!
When I was a kid growing up in Idaho, we had a trampoline in our backyard. I could spend hours on it by myself or with my siblings and friends. Every time I finished bouncing, I felt energized and happy! Having a trampoline was a great way to keep me from sitting on the couch and watching TV. We were very active kids and I think largely due to having built-in activities right at our fingertips.
Fast forward to having 3 boys of my own and living in NYC. I made sure we moved near Central Park so the boys could run outside as often as possible. I also enrolled them all in gym classes where they could jump on a trampoline as well. Timothy loves to jump more than anything. My twins are huge fans of bouncing as well.
I just notice such a difference in their moods after they get off a trampoline. Turns out there are actually huge benefits of rebounding for both kids and adults.
Here are just a few:
- Helps you de-stress and feel like a kid again (the reason kids already love it!)
- Boosts lymphatic drainage and immune function
- Great for skeletal system and increasing bone mass ( NASA’s research showed that rebounding can be more than twice as effective as treadmill running for increasing bone mass)
- Helps improve digestion
- More than twice as effective as running without the extra stress on the joints
- Helps improve balance and proprioception
- Helps improve the effects of another exercise (one study found that those who rebounded for 30 seconds between weight lifting sets saw 25% more improvement after 12 weeks than those who did not)
- Increases energy
- Helps tone the pelvic floor muscles
- Can help you lose weight
- Rebounding is fun!
The best trampoline on the market, in my opinion, is Springfree trampolines. My brothers and I were crazy kids, and I’m shocked we didn’t kill ourselves when we used to jump on our old trampoline. I want my boys and me to get all of the benefits of bouncing, without any of the safety concerns.
Springfree trampolines were invented by a parent for parents. Springfree has no springs, no hard edges, a hidden frame that is impossible to fall on and a flexible enclosure.
I absolutely loved my trampoline when I was young; and my love for bouncing has not changed to this day! This Springfree trampoline not only offers all the health benefits I mentioned; but is a great safe and fun way for my family to stay fit and enjoy the summer.
Kristin McGee is a celebrity yoga and Pilates instructor in New York City. She is currently teaching yoga with Peloton. She is the star of over 100 videos, seen in several magazines and tv shows and is a spokeswoman for many brands and causes she believes in. A proud mom to three, she sure keeps herself busy!
It was helpful that you mentioned trampolining can help boost the immune system functions. My kids have been wanting to visit a trampoline park and I wasn’t sure if trampoline parks were the best option. Maybe we should give it a try and see how they like it, burning their energy will also be a big plus.