“Protein Powder Cooking…Beyond the Shake” Cookbook Giveaway
I’ve talked a lot about the importance of protein in a diet, especially post-workout for recovery. Sipping on protein shakes and munching on protein bars day after day can get a little routine and boring, though. I was super excited when Courtney Nielsen reached out to me about her new cookbook, “Protein Powder Cooking…Beyond the Shake.” It’s a cookbook that holds 200 amazing recipes for how to incorporate your protein powder into quick and hearty protein-packed baked treats and meals.
You know when you see those tasty sounding protein flavors in the grocery story, but have no idea what to do with them? Courtney’s book explains how to use those powders to make delicious treats – that’s what I love most about it! The recipes draw on a variety of proteins and powder flavors for tasty items, such as Sweet Potato Pancakes, Chocolate Banana Nut Bread, Baked Buttery Dumplings, Bacon and Shallot Rolls, Monkey Mocha Coffee Cake, Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake and much, much more.
Below is an excerpt from the cookbook with one of my favorite recipes:
Cinnamon French Toast
Makes 1 Serving
Nutrition per serving (batter only): 133 calories, 0 g fat, 5 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 26g protein
3 heaping tablespoons (20 grams) vanilla or cinnamon protein powder
1⁄4 cup liquid egg whites
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for drizzling (optional)
1 teaspoon maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
1 large or 2 small, thick slices bread
1. Preheat a large pan over medium heat. Spray with a coat of cooking spray.
2. Mix all but the last ingredient together in a wide bowl.
3. Soak the bread for a few minutes, making sure that there are no dry parts left, and place in the preheated pan.
4. Cook the French toast for a minute or two per side. Top with maple syrup and more cinnamon, if you like!
Lucky, Courtney has kindly offered to gift a copy of her cookbook to one of my lucky readers! You have two opportunities to enter for a chance to win a copy of “Protein Powder Cooking…Beyond the Shake.” To enter:
- Write a comment below telling me about what dish/treat you’d like to make with protein powder!
- Tweet about the giveaway tagging @Fitcakes and @KristinMcGee and using #ProteinPowderCookBook
We’ll be picking a winner on February 20th, so you have one week to enter! Good luck!
Kristin McGee is a celebrity yoga and Pilates instructor in New York City. She is currently teaching yoga with Peloton. She is the star of over 100 videos, seen in several magazines and tv shows and is a spokeswoman for many brands and causes she believes in. A proud mom to three, she sure keeps herself busy!