DIY Homemade Hair Masks! Guest Post by Suzanne Collins
DIY Homemade Hair Mask
Dry or damaged hair can be a big issue and may be even worse during the colder months. The use of caps and heat treatments can just make the matters worse; and even damage your hair. So, what is the solution? Relax! You can easily beat hair dryness by relying on some DIY hair masks.
DIY Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Coconut oil is among the most popular homemade hair masks, as it is simple to make and is yet very effective. The oil provides adequate moisture to the hair and resolves the issue for you.
- Take ½ cup of coconut oil and warm it a little.
- Make sure that you do not make it too hot.
- Then put the oil to the hair.
- Leave the oil undisturbed for about 1 hour.
- Now wash the hair thoroughly with cold water.
- Repeat the process daily and the dryness of hair will disappear.
Homemade Hair Mask of Egg Yolk and Avocado
This may come as a surprise to many of you, but the fact is that the egg yolk is an excellent moisturizing agent. And, when you combine the yolk with avocado and use it as a hair mask, it can work wonders.
- Take 2 egg yolks and ½ of an avocado.
- Blend both of them together and mix thoroughly.
- Now directly put the mixture on your hair.
- Wait for about 30 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with cold water.
- Follow that regularly to get the desired result.
DIY Banana Hair Mask
The hair mask made with banana is among the top ones of its kind that you can ever hope to use. The vitamins and potassium in bananas give the required nourishment to your hair. Count upon this mask and you will not be disappointed with the end result!
- Take 1 overripe banana.
- Then take 1 tsp each of olive oil, coconut oil and honey.
- Mash the banana thoroughly.
- Now, add the oils and honey to the mashed banana.
- Mix them well.
- Apply the mixture on your hair.
- Leave it as it is for about 10 minutes.
- Now wash your hair using warm water. Ensure that there are no remnants of the mixture left in the hair.
Hair Mask with Yogurt
Yogurt is another commonly available ingredient that works as a hair moisturizer. Use the yogurt hair mask and bid goodbye to hair dryness.
- Take ½ cup yogurt.
- Now gently rub it on your hair.
- Wait for around 25 minutes and wash off the yogurt.
- Repeat it daily.
All these DIY hair masks are tried and tested ones, so you can use any of them without hesitation. Please drop in a few words about how this article has helped you.
Kristin McGee is a celebrity yoga and Pilates instructor in New York City. She is the star of over 100 videos, a contributing editor at Health Magazine and a spokeswoman for many brands and causes she believes in. Kristin also appears frequently on television. A proud mom to three, she sure keeps herself busy!